Thursday, June 16, 2011

Add some history to your home

I was at a second hand furniture store in Galway a few months back just before they were going to hold an auction for charity. I spotted some gorgeous vintage drawers, they were beautiful but quite large and I had no where to put them or store them for that matter. I had to show some restraint in not purchasing them but until I have more room I had no choice.


I am really drawn to vintage furniture, especially drawers. You don't need to have a classic style decor or taste to add a few vintage pieces of furniture to your home. They add a bit of history and character to an interior and as the images below show, the style of room can be bright, fun, classic - you can even add a bit of vintage to your kitchen. 










7 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I've recently found myself more drawn to vintage pieces. I just need to get better at hitting those early flea markets!

Monica said...

The vintage chest of drawers in the photos you have selected are fab. I particularly like the 1st and 3rd one.
P.S. Love the chevron rug too!

Ege said...

I`m so agree that history is importaint to make a home feel like home. But many people seems to think that history is only old pictures or some old stuff from their family. My family didnt have much stuff, so I had to ask my self, what was my personal history, What was history I would like to be reminded of... So I made my own personal history on my way of life, choosing stuff which reminds me of my memories. Like that picture from a magasine of Elvis. Because, thats MY history.

www.StarHughes.com said...

I love those drawers - I wish it wasn't so hard to find the perfect set! These are really great pictures, I love the vintage feel of them.
Star Hughes Living

Amy - Pride of Place said...

@ Star, it's very hard to find what you're looking for which is why I found it hard not buying them!

Amy - Pride of Place said...

@ Ege I agree with using your memories to make your own history. I would love to collect old pharmacy bottles as they remind me of my grandad's old chemist shop.

amanda jane said...

love that zig zag rug!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...