Hana Blomst a mix of Japanese and Danish design



What do you get if you mix Japanese and Danish design? Beautiful things from Hana Blomst. I guess it's no surprise that the outcome is so pleasing to the eye - there are a number of similar elements in both Danish and Japanese design, one major common trait I can thing of is clean lines and simple shapes. 


Hana Blomst means flower in Japanese and Danish and was started by Helle and Junichi when their daughter was 2 years old and her first word was flower in Japanese and in Danish - multilingual from the get go!


I love the colours and the simple form of these beautiful pieces. Go to the Hana Blomst website for a list of stockists. For once I am in luck they don't seem to have many stockists in the UK but one is just along the road from where my mum lives!


Which one is your favourite?

Comments

Jennifer Seales said…
Lovely pieces - I love the concept behind them name!
Rebecca said…
My favorite is the tray/plate...love that dark rim! What great products!
Melissah said…
I just discovered your lovely blog. I'm just new into blogging this year & have just finished off my own daily blog on fashion, food, travel & interior design.
http://scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com/
I had a lot of fun putting it together maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
x
Melissah

Popular Posts