My Scrapbook: Copper and Mint



So, I mentioned in my last post that I was in the process of planning a re-launch for my blog. Well, this is my first official new post - how exciting! I am going to play it by ear how often I post, as I have a lot going on just now and that is why posts came to a halt over a year ago now - I couldn't keep up with the schedule that I had set myself.

I am planning some new regular features though - and this is the first of them. It is called 'My Scrapbook' and is basically a scrapbook of my mood boards. I am going to pin them to my pinterest account and my flickr account so that I have a collection of my scrapbook tear sheets all in one place, so please do follow me there.

My first scrapbook is following the theme of copper and mint. I think this board is particularly suited to this time of year, heading from autumn into winter. The copper reflects the warm tones of autumnal leaves and mint reflects the more crisp cold days of winter. The two go perfectly together as copper naturally turns towards beautiful mint hues as it ages.

In my opinion, with copper a little goes a long way as it is a very striking metal - I would add some lovely accents using lamps, bowls or door knobs to a mint room or even a white room with some luxurious mint fabrics - what a restful room that would be.

What do you think of this combo? Do you like my plans for this feature?

It's good to be back.

Comments

Val said…
Hey Amy,
glad I found your blog through decor8, it's lovely :)
I like minty green but it can bit a bit meh on its own so that's really a good combo.
Look forward to reading more posts!

Popular Posts