House update - we've still lot's to do! Master Bedroom


So, it's been a while since I've provided an update on our house. We've been slowly getting things done, which is why it's been quiet on here. I definitely need to speed up on my papering and painting skills!

I spent the start of January looking for builders and by chance found some fantastic local contractors who usually install bathrooms but are able to do lots of other work too. Once I found them it was full steam ahead as they had a cancellation and wanted to start immediately. 

They fitted our new bathroom and ripped out our old kitchen leaving the sink so we can clean our paint brushes without having to use the lovely sink in our new bathroom. They also knocked part of the wall between the kitchen and dining area. It is so exciting to see things starting to take shape like I had envisaged. They also changed the internal doors downstairs, removed the facias on all windows which were mahogany UPVC, we have switched them to MDF that we can paint as we wish. They also moved a number of our radiators to under windows so we have more space for furniture on other walls.

We also had our new stove fitted in our living room, pictures to follow in a future post. It isn't quite how I had pictured because there was less space in the fireplace than I had anticipated and so the stove has to step into the room slightly, but I love it!

We have also been busy in the front two bedrooms, stripping woodchip wall paper, preparing the walls, papering the walls - (which was all done by me) and then painting.

And after all that ...... we have one room that is almost complete and ready to have carpet fitted. I have never papered before and it is a really slow process for a newby!

Anyway, I thought I would share some update photos room by room, just to tease you a little. So first is a room that we have done very little to so far - the master bedroom. So far we have painted a small part of the wall so that the radiator could be moved there. Moved the radiator and changed the facias round the window.  We still have to paint the walls and woodwork, remove the floor and have carpeted, paint the wardrobe and drawer unit and change the handles, make curtains etc. I have lots ideas for the really fun bit, once the shell is done.

That's it for now, I shall share another room with you soon.


Comments

Popular Posts